04 August 2009

coffee cup design

I bought these coffee mugs off a friend a few months ago:


If there's anything I don't need, it's more coffee cups. I couldn't resist these, though. The design is really slick -- the handle follows the curve exactly, and the cups are quite light. They're not the sort of thing I'd made (or could make without a mold), but they feel nice in my hand and they look good. The only disconcerting thing about them is the pinging they did when I first poured hot coffee into them. (My friend reported that they'd never been used, so maybe it's just the sensitivity of a glaze changing temperature quickly for the first time since firing.)

Every since I started making pottery, I notice and like all manner of ceramic items. . . I suppose that's how it goes for everybody.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really need this cup!
How can I order one?
email is treydreds@gmail.com

Unknown said...

How can I order these coffee mugs...
they're great. lolafish22@hotmail.com

Zach Mandt said...

I am pretty sure that I need a set of these. zatchm@gmail.com if they can still be had.